What are wrinkle-reduction injections?
The injections are are a prescription-only medicine which cannot be named under UK regulations but you’ll be familiar with a well known brand name! It is a muscle relaxant medicine which partially blocks the chemical at the end of nerves so that excessive contractions of the muscle are reduced. This means the skin on top of that muscle contracts less and is therefore less wrinkled. The treatment is temporary because the effects wear off over time.
- Treatment takes between 10-40 mins depending on the area(s) being treated
- Normally takes 2-4 days to start to take effect
- 10-14 days to reach full effect
- Neck treatments can take up to 4 weeks for full effect
- Wrinkle-reduction lasts 3-4 months on the face, jawline slimming, non-surgical neck lift, and bruxism treatment lasts 4-6 months, and hyperhidrosis treatment lasts 6-9 months